Hi everybody,
Hope you're all fine.
I have to say that I'll be happy to be back in Belgium. It was a good experience but I had a big "culture clash" with my host family. And that is delaying my thesis very much. Irish people are all great, in the beginning I'd say, but when something isn't working like they thought it would work, it's finished. I'll explain that when I'm back.
So these days, I didn't work at all, I had to do everything in the house. Very fun I have to say...
For the rest, at school, the education is different. The discipline as well. The kids are great and I've no problems with them. The teachers are nice too. I'd say the kids here are allowed to do more than in Belgium. And when they do something wrong, there's barely a punishment.
They are also very religious. They go every week to the mass. They can go Saturday evening at 7 p.m. or Sunday in the morning. There are even blessings for pregnant mothers. I don't even know if we have that in Belgium, but I was suprised to hear it here.
I would'nt be able to live here, because of our culture difference. I think 3 months was just enough. I've seen things that I won't do in my future classes. It's an experience that will certainly help for my future.
Now, see you all back in Belgium
Gwennaelle
Friday, 25 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment