Hi all,
First, I hope you're all doing great in Brussels for most of you reading this or abroad for the few others. I wish you lots of courage because I know you need it pour les prépas' for the trainings and the given assignments.
Now, about my program... So far I'm having a blast. I met the headmistress who speaks some French. The six French teachers I work with are all nice and each has his own character. They appreciate my coming and the help I can provide for their course. They also love having the opportunity to communicate with an authentic French speaker (that would be me). But at the same time I want to practice my Dutch so for most of the time we talk in Dutch and it works. I'm kind of confused by the way, I don't know whether I should imitate their "accent" to blend in (I'm not bad at it ^^) or just stick with my neutral accent and hope that it will change with time. Any suggestions?
On Saturday I went to the school's open dagen (open day). It was impressive. It was packed with people; the school band was playing; everybody was trying to "sell their product". Bilingual education (some subjects are taught in English) was also put forward that day as they propose this method in some classes. I'm also trying to figure out how the whole Dutch education system works. I already see a lot of differences with our system. Well, there's so much to talk about it all here...
This first week I'm helping the 3rd years with some dialogs they will use for the Village de langue that takes place on Monday. That’s it for now although I could write a lot more...
Take care, y'all!
Aswin te Zeist
No comments:
Post a Comment