Hi everybody,
I'm glad to see everything is ok for you. Here I would say it's difficult for me because I'm in a very small village and there are no public transports so if I want to go to town (the nearest one is 11km away)I need to ask someone of the family who I live with. People here are very kind and I've been welcomed very nicely. My school is in the middle of nowhere. It's very small. There are 3 rooms and 4 if we count the staff room (that is used to give lessons as well). It is a primary school. In the first room I teach, I have 2 classes, the junior and the senior infants(4-5-6 years old). It's very difficult to teach French. They don't even speak their own language correctly. In the next room, there are 3 classes, from 6 to 8 years old. That goes a bit better. And in the last room, there are 3 classes as well, from 8-9 to 12 years old. They are nice.
When I arrived, it was very difficult to understand their accent, Irish people speak very fast and eat their words and the accent is not the same at all. But now I get used to it and it goes better.
I meet people when I'm going to the set-dancing (Irish danses), they are very nice, but otherwise, I don't know really someone in particular. I hope I will meet some other people in the days coming. Sunday I'm going to visit the Cliffs of Moher. It is said it's really beautiful.
Well, I'm looking forward in reading your mails.
Take care
Gwennaelle
Friday, 22 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Gwenn,
It's so nice hearing from you (and the others). You seem so far away when I check your place on Google Earth... so do Lia & Jil btw.
Anyways I hope you're making the most of your teaching program. I mean, it is an incredible experience... you give French and all... but just go and meet new local people (it can be hard but not for you, I'm sure!); and above all have lots of fun in Ireland; take some photographs... You get my point, right?! :)
take care!
Aswin
Post a Comment