Friday, 21 March 2008

Hello there!

When I look back I see one month of pleasure and learning.
One difficulty I encountered, and still do, is that the lessons we have to attend in Leuven begin very early (8 a.m.), so I have to wake up very early which is increadibly difficult for me! Another difficulty was that our English teacher in Leuven gave us a lot of tasks to accomplish (which by the way hasn't changed!).

Even though we attend lessons in the 2nd year and 1st year, the subjects are sometimes difficult and very different from what I've already learnt till now. For instance, in literature class we analysed a part of a poem by Edgar Allan Poe (luckily it was not the whole poem we had to analyse!!).
Though, I learn a lot in this school and that makes the experience even greater! Today, with the first years we saw some idioms in English. It was quite fun and instructive!

What concerns the Flemish people over there, one month ago I would have thought they will be aloof but as I get to know them better, I think they are nice and some of them are very helpful and that creates friendship...

To cut a nutshell short, people are very nice, the topics of lessons are varied and the level is rather high. But I'm very glad to be there because day by day I learn something new!

Hope you enjoy your stays as much as I do!

Mel